Happy New Year! And Welcome back!
Although I have been MIA on this particular platform, I truly feel like I’m getting my groove back and I’m ready to dive back in for 2019! And yes I will blame it on the planets and their locations because astrology is alive and well and real and relevant. The last couple weeks have been pretty hectic but I’m back to bring you all the goodness of the new year!!
Without further ado, I present to you some of the exciting things coming to Las Vegas in 2019 as well as some places that opened at the end of 2018 that will have their time in 2019.
- Lady Gaga – She is absolutely changing the game by offering two unique shows during her time at the Park. Enigma showcases her mainstream pop career beginning with Just Dance all the way up to Shallow. Jazz & Piano is exactly what it sounds like – if you’ve ever heard her “Cheek to Cheek” album with Tony Bennett, then you have an idea of what this show will feature. Dates available throughout 2019 – here.
- Aerosmith – this will be fun! Residency beings in April. More info here.
- Cher (*limited dates*) – be sure to check the Park Theater’s website here to catch the last of her announced dates. While I’m pretty sure she’ll announce more dates in the future, this is Vegas and you never know if someone is coming back around. I highly recommend this show!
Celine Dion is leaving The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in June so be sure to catch a show! Tickets and dates can be found here.
Lady Antebellum will be occupying the Pearl Theater at the Palms this February, May & August. Info and tickets can be found here.
Nitro Circus is set to debut their residency in the lot behind Bally’s/Paris/Planet Hollywood this Spring. If you caught Travis Pastrana’s fountain-jumping extravaganza this summer, you got a small taste of what’s to come!
*Questions for the future:
- Will Britney come back?? It was announced earlier this month that Brit would be cancelling her “Domination” residency at the Park Theater due to her father’s health issues. The question is…will she come back or is this the last The Strip has seen of the legend?
- Will Florida Georgia Line come back/Is Lady Antebellum paving the way for more country residencies?? In December, Florida Georgia Line had a mini-residency at Zappos Theater inside of Planet Hollywood. Now Lady Antebellum is headlining at the Palms. Believe it or not, there is quite the country music community in Vegas and this would be very welcome by those locals (pending ticket prices).
PARK MGM –
- Eataly – Yes that Eataly! Plus it’s set to be the first 24 hour Eataly restaurant in the world. Which is great news for those of us who want post-club, mid-drunk pasta aka me. Lactose Intolerant be damned!
- Best Friend – Roy Choi’s first Las Vegas restaurant. The marketing campaign for this restaurant has been insane. There has been a bright yellow billboard conveniently located at my entrance to the freeway since November and I’m curious to see what this place is all about. Although Korean cuisine has not been my favorite in the past, maybe I’ll give it one more shot.
- On The Record – This new speakeasy and club sounds amazing. It has the storefront of a record store, yet behind the exterior is a club with plenty of drinks and room for dancing. A cool new vibe for the Vegas Strip.
(Dear Park MGM, please sponsor me. LOL)
Catch at ARIA – A highly Instagram-able spot that opened back in October 2018. With other locations in LA, New York and Playa del Carmen, the track record for this place is supreme and sure to please with a menu of sushi, seafood and steak.
Vanderpump Cocktail Garden at Caesars Palace – The restaurant mogul and reality star of Real Housewives and Vanderpump Rules fame brings her first venture to Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. The new lounge is set to open early 2019 and I can’t help but wonder…is a new reality show in the works based on the Vegas location and staff?? And if so, how can I get on the show?? Is this my calling?? Why am I referencing Carrie Bradshaw right now??
As Las Vegas’s reputation as a sports town continues to grow, there are several key moves to be on the look out for throughout the year.
- The Vegas Golden Knights had a rough start to their highly anticipated second season. Fortunately for fans, the team has been improving their play and as of today they sit at 3rd in the Pacific Division and 5th in the League. If they keep it up, it will be Playoff central in Vegas again and I think we’re all ready for that.
- We will continue to watch the progress of the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders as we sit in the increasingly horrendous traffic on the 15 during our commutes. There are a bunch of rumors swirling about where they’ll play next season, including the latest that they will head down to San Diego and into the former home of the Chargers. And there are still fans here who say they’ll move into Sam Boyd Stadium until the new stadium is finished. Who knows?! We’re all curious to see where this thing goes.
- The Las Vegas 51’s have rebranded and are now being called the Las Vegas Aviators featuring the above logo. They’ll move into their new ballpark in Summerlin this season. Speaking of swirling rumors, I have heard from several sources that a Major League Baseball team is making its way to the Vegas Valley. Rumored ballpark locations are the lot where the Rio currently sits and a lot on southern part of Las Vegas Boulevard across from the Las Vegas South Premium Outlet mall. Again, rumors…
Tim Burton’s exhibition at The Neon Museum – The creepy genius himself will bring his new exhibition to The Neon Museum from October 15, 2019 until February 15, 2020. I’m sure it will not disappoint.
Jimmy Kimmel’s Comedy Club at the LINQ Promenade – Opening this Spring, the club will join the excitement and vibrance of the LINQ Promenade. It’s an ideal place for a night out in Vegas while feeling like you’re not actually in Vegas. Jimmy will be brining in a variety of comedians while also performing himself on occasion.
Cinnebarre at Palace Station – The nine theaters all feature recliner seating and the ability to order a full meal, appetizers, snacks, desserts and alcohol. Truly the only way to go to the movies in 2019!
SoulCycle at the Wynn Plaza – Finally finding its way to the Vegas Valley is the popular cycling destination! Proving that Las Vegas is more than strippers and gambling (lol).
Try Ryan Reaves’s Beer, Training Day (available at PKWY Tavern) – Very excited to see what this hype is all about. So far people seem to be loving it. I will be doing some field research and of course reporting my findings on Instagram:: @thenotoriousneon – so follow along!
As you can see, there are a ton of exciting things to check out in Vegas this year and I’m sure more will be announced as 2019 moves along!