Here we are folks, right in the middle of the first month of 2018! Time to get planning a Vegas trip, am I right?? And since Vegas is always growing and changing, as a local I am here to give you the list of all the NEW and EXCITING things the city is going to be serving up this year!
Here we go…
1. Check out a Vegas Golden Knights hockey game. Yes I am biased, but I don’t care because this team is clearly fantastic (first in the Western Conference, second in the NHL – WHAT!) and attending the games is a great time.
2. Check out a Las Vegas Aces women’s basketball game. Our city’s venture into professional sports continues! MGM recently purchased the San Antonio Stars, moved them to Vegas and renamed the team the Las Vegas Aces. I’m not personally a huge basketball fan anymore, but you know I want to check this team out!
3. Check out a Las Vegas Lights FC game. Finally, we now have a soccer team playing in the United Soccer League. Games start in February and I will definitely be attending. I used to work for a professional soccer team, so I love a good match!
4. Hit up a dispensary…while you still can! LOL. I think this one speaks for itself. Carry on…
5. Pot lounges?? Having recreational weed is nice and all, but it is STRICTLY prohibited from being consumed anywhere except for a private residence. Which makes being a tourist and a consumer tricky. Before the recent federal decision to put the focus back on pot, the city was looking into pot lounges to solve the tourist consumption problem. How will the recent federal decisions affect us? I guess we will have to stay tuned.
6. Fly through the sky on the new zip line, stretching across the LINQ Promenade! It’s set to open later this year and best believe I’ll be there! Before, getting a cupcake from Sprinkles.
7. Check out the traveling Rolling Stones exhibit at The Venetian. *LEAVING JANUARY 31ST* So yeah, get on it if you love Stones history, stories and memorabilia.
8. Speaking of leaving…Be sure to see JLo’s show before the curtain closes during the fall.
10. The Monte Carlo is about to be a thing of the past. Thanks to some major renovations, it will be transformed into Park MGM and the NoMad Hotel. The project will surely bring some new restaurant offerings and, of course, a few Vegas-style surprises. Set to open Fall 2018.
12. Check out the Wynn/Encore DJ residencies on tap for the year. I maintain that they have some of the most fun clubs on The Strip and this year the lineup looks insane! The amount of variety between their residents is very impressive, so you will find something for any electronic palate.
13. Hell’s Kitchen at Caesars Palace. If you’ve never eaten at one of the now five Gordon Ramsay restaurants, make this the year you change that.
Like I said, Vegas always has some surprises in store and as the year goes on I’m sure we’ll get some new bucket list items! And book that trip! It’s going to be a damn good year to visit VEGAS!