Welcome to part 2 of my 2017 recap! If you missed last week’s, check it out here. Let’s continue onto the second half of this excuse of a year.
- Since June was such an adventure, I apparently kept it pretty mellow in July in an attempt at recovery – according to my iPhone photo album. (Because pics or didn’t happen, right?)
- I went with Jeffrey and Corey to see Khalid at Brooklyn Bowl and he was AMAZING! Highly recommend his music and his live show if you get the opportunity.
- To promote their new album, The Killers performed a kick-ass free show in front of Caesars Palace as a part of The Jimmy Kimmel Show concert series. A show that I got to view from VIP thanks to #werkperks.
- I moved into my condo and it was an extremely stressful experience since procrastinating is my forte. We’re talking still packing 3 hours before the movers were coming. They came to move my stuff at 8am and I crashed on the couch as soon as they finished. I’m just glad it’s all done. Just kidding…I see another unpacked box in the corner.
- I attended my second Life is Beautiful Festival in Downtown Vegas. If you’ve never been, I highly recommend checking it out. It’s great mellow festival with something for everyone and it gives attendees an opportunity to explore DTLV in a way they never have before.
- I also got to bring my little brother with me this year. This was his very first festival and I think he had a great time. Definitely a fun, sibling experience.
- 1 October changed our lives. If you follow me on Facebook, you know this. I still cry thinking about it. The commercials, print ads and displays of support for our city are extremely emotional, still. This month easily felt like the longest month of my life, especially the first week. I will never forget the way my heart broke that night, but I will also never forget the healing the Vegas community has begun to experience together. All I can say is, cherish everyday and every person you have in your life.
- Five days later, I got last minute tickets to the sold out Kings of Leon show at the Hard Rock. I’ve been emotionally attached to this band for years and I knew I couldn’t miss out on this opportunity. The show was fantastic and it was definitely what I needed that week.
- I became the office asshole for a day by wearing a Red Sox jersey to our “New York” themed Halloween. : )
- My mom came to visit for a week and we had a ton of fun. She made her famous meatloaf and we learned all about how stressful and annoying custom drapery can be. We also tried to find the balls to visit Zak Bagan’s Haunted Museum, resulting in my longest and honestly most hilarious Snapchat story. Side Note: still haven’t found the balls.
- By the end of the month, I was so exhausted and didn’t really want to celebrate Halloween, it just didn’t feel like Halloween season, ya know? This led to a last minute dead, zombie-ish Playboy Bunny. Take it from me, order high quality Halloween makeup hahahaha.
- I was all set to run the Rock N Roll Marathon here in Vegas. However, I had a change of plans. Even though I didn’t get to fulfill my original goal and only ran the half marathon, it was the most enjoyable race I’ve ever run. My family also participated in the 10K and we all agreed that it was one of our better Vegas weekends. The weekend headliner concert was the Goo Goo Dolls and the 90s baby in me was thoroughly satisfied.
- This month all I did was hang out and enjoy my life because after this year, I deserved it.
- I spent two weeks celebrating my 26th birthday with some of my best friends.
- My birthday celebrations included seeing Dustin Lynch in concert, partying in the Nobu Villa at Caesars Palace and attending my first Golden Knights game!
So maybe 2017 wasn’t the greatest year of our lives. I know for me it felt very stagnant. I had a lot of fun and did some things, but, again, didn’t feel like I made any sort of real progress. However, I believe that 2017 was meant as a preparation and transition year before we could experience everything good I believe 2018 is holding.
Here’s to the next one!