Hey Team…Happy August!
“How is it already August?” – said every girl on Instagram ever.
Sorry, had to. Hahaha.
But in all seriousness, it came pretty damn fast.
For today’s post, I had something completely different in mind. Then I came across something I wrote down and saved for later a little while back. Disclaimer: “a little while back” means “I really don’t know when I wrote that down.”
This also marks the start of what I’m calling #AugBlog, where I will attempt to blog everyday this month. Stay tuned because I’ve got some…interesting Vegas vibes coming!
Side Note: I finally started watching Parks and Rec today and I am already done with Season 1. I have no idea why it took me so long, especially since The Office is one of my faves. But now I’m fully onboard.
And I love this man already.
Now that I got that confession out of the way…onto what I really want to share with y’all.
Gandhi’s Top 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World (with my commentary):
1. Change Yourself – this is huge. It can be hard to look at ourselves and our actions and acknowledge that we need a change.
2. You Are In Control – just like I talked about on Monday.
3. Forgive & Let Go – easier said than done, trust me I know. I also know from experience that it is really nice when you do.
4. Without Action You Aren’t Going Anywhere – I talked about this back on the first episode of the podcast.
5. Take Care of This Moment – living in the present is, again, easier said than done. The biggest tip I can offer with this, put the damn phone AWAY! When appropriate, because, I still have to document the #VegasLyfe ; ).
6. Everyone is Human – from world leaders to the neighbors upstairs…yup, all still human. Here is where compassion comes into play.
7. PERSIST – when you can’t hold on…hold on. And throw on “All These Things That I’ve Done” by The Killers.
8. See The Good in People and Help Them – Clearly, “easier said than done” was the theme Gandhi had in mind with this list.
9. Be Congruent, Be Authentic, Be Your True Self – look at yourself in the mirror and stop telling yourself what you want to hear. Tell yourself what you need to hear, with love.
10. Continue to Grow & Evolve – it’s a process. It will ebb and it will flow, so have patience with yourself.