Yesterday, December 12, was my 25th birthday (oi) and in the spirit of “End of The Year Lists” I decided to put together some random things I’ve learned during the first quarter of my life on Earth.
I tried to keep this list light and funny-ish, but sometimes you sit down and things get deeper than expected. Enjoy!
1. I have both experienced so much and so little in my moderate 25 years on this Earth.
2. I truly believe I have been able to reach the highest threshold of human happiness and also the absolute rock bottom within a few short years. This isn’t to say that I won’t ever be that happy again (because I’m sure I will be) or that I won’t have bad things happen (hopefully not that bad) but I do think I have a sense of the spectrum.
3. Baseball players, whether former or current, are always the best and the worst.
4. The Yankees suck.
5. Sometimes, your path takes you somewhere and on an adventure so drawn out and grand when the only purpose of it all is to meet the closest people in your life.
6. Going to your adult job still drunk sucks.
7. Going to your adult job severely hungover sucks.
8. Going to your first adult job sober really sucks.
9. There is so much truth to the statement “you’ll never remember the nights you had plenty of sleep”.
10. blink-182 was spot on when they said “nobody likes you when you’re 23”. Honestly my least favorite year on Earth.
11. Nebraska is my least favorite place to be in America.
12. If you can successfully road trip across the country with your friends and not kill each other, you will be friends forever.
13. When choosing between two paths you will always wonder what if you had gone the other way. Always, even if you don’t think you will.
14. I have no idea what I want the rest of my life to look like and that’s okay because that’s the fucking beauty of it.
15. The most unexpected people leave the most potent mark.
16. God meets you where you are. Not kidding. But it is kind of funny.
17. The only way out is through.
18. I finally learned how to apply lashes after 25 years. This year already looks brighter.
19. Sneezing is hilarious if you think about it. You are forcefully and uncontrollably letting germs escape from your body. And it sounds weird as it happens. Someone try to tell me how this isn’t funny.
20. When you want something, all the universe really does conspire to help you make it happen. Patience required.
21. The moments and the people you share them with are easily more enjoyable, important and memorable than the things.
22. There are so many things out there in the world, and they are all just waiting for you to discover them.
23. HBO is the best network on television. Closely followed by Bravo and E!
24. You can’t hate someone or something you understand.
25. This truly is a God-dream and I wouldn’t have made it this far without him.
Happy Birthday Frank Sinatra! Forever my birthday twin ❤